Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Thursday 12 April 2012

Day 103 Thursday 12th April 9.2 miles : miles to date 692.3 The simple fact is that it is far easier to run any real distance with your mates (or if your lucky your other half, if they are into it as well). That's why, when I arrived home early tonight, rather than go for a plod on my own I drove for half an hour to get to the club. And it was worth it. I have been tired the last few days, not helped by getting to bed at 3am this morning. Thursday runs can be glorious in the light nights, as we zig zag all over the fields and trails, with next to no road running. They are usually run at a decent tempo and are one of my three weekly staple runs. Knowing I was not in the mood meant that by going to the club, I would get pulled along by the pack and forced into picking it up a bit despite being tired. The sun was shining which contributed to a good turnout and as it turned out, the pace was a little slower than normal and actually suited me in the end. I didn't look at my watch once and having arrived back thinking we had done perhaps a bit below 8ish, I was surprised to find we had covered 9.2 miles. It flew by tonight, as we chatted all the way around and covered a few trails that we have not been able to run since last October. It was so much easier running with my mates, so cheers lads I owe you one for tonight. I cant thank the girls as it was just an overdose of testosterone.

No comments:

Post a Comment