Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Monday 23 April 2012

Day 114 Monday 23rd April 3 miles : miles to date 754.2

If you can recall the marshmallow man from Ghostbuster's, you will have some idea about how I felt running around the streets tonight. After the weekends rugby tour excesses, I spent the entire day feeling very dehydrated and at the same time bloated from the total lack of anything healthy to eat whilst away. I managed to squeeze into my shorts just about and did a basic and not overly exciting lap of the village. I couldn't quite make up my mind whether it was the belly, achilles ache or wheeze that was annoying me most. I managed to take my mind off all of the niggles though, by contemplating how the weekends beverage and food intake is likely to contribute to me blowing up before the end of next weekends race. I played a fun game in my mind trying to work out if I am going to blow at 18-20 or 20-22 miles of the pending MK marathon. Luckily, that's a whole six days away and on top of the unconventional weekend's training plan, I have another six days of running as well. I'm not sure any marathon training manuals will recommend that sort of plan, followed by a forty mile race the weekend after. Time me thinks, to get my running head back on and knuckle down to a few weeks of decent training, given the John Bunyan run is not that far away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment