Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Day 115 Tuesday 24th April 5.8 miles : miles to date 760 Fi phoned me at work and said she fancied a run. I told her I would be home in fifty minutes and get her kit on. I'm not sure I can recall saying that before. Be that as it may, I came rushing home to find a family meal being prepared and my planned early doors run being postponed for a few hours. We eventually headed over the fields for what turned out to be a bit of a muddy run despite the apparent drought that the UK is experiencing. I had suggested four separate routes and eventually Fi chose her own. With MK marathon coming up this weekend and the after effects of the rugby tour still in evidence, I was quite happy to give the club speed session a miss. Still, I'm not entirely sure its a good idea to go on a diet in a marathon week, but I certainly need to cut down over the next few days as I feel bloated. I dislike starting runs feeling that way and whilst I hardly ever carbo load these days, if I decide to do so this week I'll be the size of a house by the time I toe the start line on Sunday. Time to go and sniff a piece of ham...

No comments:

Post a Comment