Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 27 April 2012

Day 118 Friday 27th April 3 miles : miles to date 771.2 Tonight's run involved lots of scouts, a lake, rain and three children wanting a McDonalds, two of whom weren't mine. It was my turn to help out with the Scouts and it happened to coincide with their fitness challenge. The other adult running was William Shippin, who is also running MK on Sunday. He told me what time he was aiming for, so I let him be the lead runner and I took the role of race sweeper. The last time I started a race at the very back was St. Albans half marathon a number of years ago, before I started using marathons as training runs. There were a few thousand in that race and it was quite weird to start at the back ( I started there to stop me running too fast ). Back there, peeps were walking from the off so I proceeded through the field. There were some similarities tonight. I was at the back, after the first third of a mile we were walking and by the end I smelt the same. The watch said 4.6 miles, but I walked a bit, ran a bit and so on with the Scouts and Scoutesses so I'm only going to claim the basic three miles in the total. After such an effort, I'm blowing out the SMC in the morning and having a lay in. I hope to get up for lunch, given I cant cut the grass in the current drought we are, which has led to the lawn being water logged. I'll save the wetness for Sundays race in the rain and no doubt hail stones. Don't you just love the UK's weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment