Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 6 April 2012

The dream team

Day 97 Friday 6th April 4.2 miles: miles to date 626 After last nights late dash, I had a bit of a lay in and waited for Fi to get back from a last minute emergency Easter egg dash, before heading over to Marston Forest centre for a lap around the lakes. As I am running the Bedford Clanger marathon in the morning, we kept it quite low and chatted away in the sun. Fi mentioned midway that she needed a number two and within two minutes I suddenly wanted one as well. I've heard of twins getting pain when the other is hurt, but not a hubbie wanting a sympathetic number two as his wife is in need. Strange but true. We managed to get back to the centre where we each retired to use the facilities, so it wasn't just in my mind. I broke the news gently halfway around that in June after the John Bunyan trail ultra, I am going to attempt to follow a rigid sixteen week plan for an all out assault on my marathon PB time at Chester on the 7th October, with no marathons or ultras in between. I whispered the time I am going to aim for under strict instructions that it cannot be repeated. A boy needs a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment