Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 17 October 2012

1st place!!

Day 291 Wednesday 17th October 3 miles : miles to date 1920.8

The run tonight was very hard but the news received after via Chairman Jeremy Bell, has perked me right up. It appears that yours truly, ably assisted by Satnav, the Flying Scotsman and the Amazing Beare, managed to pick up the first team prize at Chester Marathon. The top four from each running club score and we had time's of 2.55, 3.

03, 3.04 and 3.22. We have won a grand total of £150 between us. OMG, I'm turning professional for the grand sum of £37.50. Mmm, I wont give up my day job just yet.
The news softens tonight's grumpy run. After a difficult fourteen hour work day with sore calf's, the very heavy rain, cold and dark just conspired to stop me going out. I drove all the way home, failing to stop at various points where I could have run, thinking what's the point? Who would know if I didn't go out? Even Fi wouldn't as she was out for the night. Who? Me of course.
I parked the car in the worse possible place - outside my front door - and came close to going in. I was then saved by Johnny Cash. The song he recorded close to his death, Hurt, came on the radio. The bloke was on his way out and he did what he loved doing on the way. No contest really. Out I went and did three miles that no one will ever know if I did or didn't. Except me. And Johnny Cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment