Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 20 October 2012

Bedford park run


Day 294 Saturday 20th October 3.1 miles : miles to date 1930.7 I was dragged along to Bedford Park run today despite last nights vino and sumptuos repast. My body is a temple thing went out the window over the last two nights and my half planned quick run was replaced with a pacing role and post race bacon sarnie and coffee. It has been a long week hard work week, which is reflected in what is currently my lowest mileage week for some time. I'm not worried, as next week I'm off and anticipate lots of x-c to ease me back into the longer miles. We were joined by our born again running pals, Emma Else and Neale Else, although only the former officially ran her first park run. After some years enjoying the finer things in life, they both have dropped a huge amount of weight and have gone from couch potatoes to PB hunters at all sorts of distances. The great thing about park runs - apart from the fact that they are free and all over the country - is that there is a lack of a running club type feel about them. Club vests appear to be discouraged and there seems to be a very open and welcoming atmosphere to one and all. Glad I got out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment