Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 5 October 2012

Day 276 Tuesday 2nd October 4.8 miles miles : miles to date 1827.6

I have taken the taper to heart and I'm now panicking that I'll lose fitness if I don't run hard or long. I know really that I need to slow down in order to try to speed up, but a combination of an increase in food intake (more cakes this week in three days than in the last three weeks) and a cut down on running intensity is makin

g me think I wont be able to run all the way, let alone fast. Its taper madness time. That having been said, the last time I was anxious about a race was in the week of a 100 plus miler, so it's actually quite good to get a bit of stage fright for once.
I did accidentally over cook it a bit at the club session. I did the first couple of efforts hard, the lactic appeared and I slowed for a few more repeats before dipping out early and chewing the cud with a few of the Chester posse. I then headed home for din dins. And a cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment