Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 5 October 2012

Day 277 Wednesday 3rd October 3.7 miles miles : miles to date 1831.3

The super hero gang was decimated on tonight's run, with just me and the Silver Surfer running around - wait for it - yep, the forest centre. I made the mistake of not putting the watch on and let Phil take charge of the pace, on what was meant to be just an easy 4 miler at 7.30 mile. I could tell early doors we were off at sev

en minute mile pace and I eventually managed to slow him down to an average 7.17 pace.
I'm sure its more taper madness, but for some reason it felt very quick and when we reached the cars, I stopped and didn't bother rounding it up to the full four miles. I posted a few weeks back about your mind telling your body that its going to run a certain distance and that's it. Well, it was certainly it tonight.
At least Phil looked good tonight. For a young man in his early retirement years, I have high hopes for his future and a few more vet records to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment