Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 5 October 2012

Day 278 Thursday 4th October 3.1 miles miles : miles to date 1834.4

Now if I blow up at Chester, the blame is going to be shared between Fi and Becs. The former purloined my satnav watch (garmin - not one with a picture of Richard Jones on it) and the latter told me to go to the clubs undulating 5k time trial.
I was late, threw my kit on in the car and ran to the start to see everyone shooting 

off. I duly ran to the back of the timers and set off around 15 secs at least behind. Due to the lack of watch to keep my pace slower and more in line with what I wanted, I flew out of the blocks and ran too quickly. Not too much later, I found myself at the front and then felt the pressure of being in a time trial and I didn't slow down initially. Cheers Becs.
Half way around, I was panting a bit and I told myself to slow, which I did. The schedule had me down for three miles in 20 minutes, which is the quickest I have ever run three days before a marathon and a totally new experience for me. I throttled back and tried to run closer to the planned time. The official time was 19:44 for the 5k but real time was probably about 19:30. That was another PB on the time trial course by about 3 minutes, with a deliberate slow down built in.
I am a tad annoyed with myself that I didn't stick to the schedule and ran a little too fast. Hopefully as its only three miles I can recover by Sunday, but if not, its not my fault that I'm a numpty. Ok maybe it is. Where's the doughnuts gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment