Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 13 October 2012

Day 287 Saturday 13th October Part One 9.9 miles : miles to date 1898.8

I was very tired this am and for once tempted to stay in bed. Luckily on the drive to the meet, Lionel came on at 7.10am and who cant want to run after a bit of dancing on the ceiling at big volume?
I was welcomed back into the SMC fold after a self imposed absence, albeit the crew were reduced to 5 with so many off racing

 on Sunday. It was great to be back. Off we went on wet, muddy, slippy and undulating trails without any worry about pace or time. Two of the Chester posse were out and we all have started to look forward and plan the next sortie in a few months time. Today, it was just about cross country with the crew and kicking back. It was really good to be back out there, even with the slight frost which meant I had to wear two layers. Grr. I don't like getting up to run at 6am when its -10, which will only be a few months away now.

Part Two 3.1 miles : total miles to date 1901.1

Having made a promise to pace Fi around a 5k, I jumped in the car and hurtled to the second meet of the morning, only to be told to go off and get a coffee. As my legs began to seize up, she eventually said lets go, so we did. I was in charge of pacing, with the aim of beating her race PB. I made the usual comments you hear at races - keep going, not far to go, don't have a No.2 in the front garden - to be met with the now expected Grrrr, this hurts. A 5k's not a walk in the park I said to her, leaving room for a punch line that came. Despite that, under my expert guidance and tuition Mrs. O clocked her fastest 5k to date.
Owen-Wan Kenobi has a nice ring to it, don't you think? I'm not sure though that my comment "you still have much learn my young apprentice" went down that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment