Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Day 290 Tuesday 16th October 6.8 miles : miles to date 1917.8

It's only Tuesday and a second speed session was banged in tonight at the club. I did feel a tad tired after last nights run and a golden rule according to Runners World is that a hard day should be followed by an easy day, but heck rules are there to be broken. I think one of them is not to run 290 days in a row? Hey ho.
The go fas

t daps made their second appearance of the week on what was a straight forward session. Run hard up a hill fourteen times, with the only break being the jog back down. Needless to say, I had another crack and didn't hold back albeit it I did slow towards the end as the lactic began flowing through the bloodstream even though the efforts were short. The lack of any significant recovery time was key to the session which got my heart beating really from the off.
Despite the slight chill in the air, we had a great turnout at the club with 50 or 60 people wearing shiny night running gear. Except me and Terry McHugh proudly wearing our Chester tops. In fact, El Tel did another race at the weekend and he was even wearing that t-shirt underneath. Put me to shame. I've not raced for over nine days.

No comments:

Post a Comment