Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 19 October 2012

Day 292 Thursday 18th October 3.4 miles : miles to date 1924.2 A very busy work day and a planned night out at a sports dinner meant a hurried run up the road and down the canal. I was meant to be at the dinner roughly about the time I was getting muddy on the canal and I did ask myself, what has happened to me? It was a run and make do day, taking a photo as I did so to prove I was out and calling Fi on the way. I don't think the bloke I motored passed on the canal was overly impressed that I was chatting on the phone and he was puffing hard. I felt really guilty after that. I wasn't trying to show off as I am an encourager to other runners rather than a look at me type. He just appeared at the wrong time. So, if you were a bloke running down a canal in Berkhamsted at about 6.15pm who was passed by a taffy chap waffling away to a Geordie on the dog and bone, you were running really well. Numerous beers followed and some chap called Ian Wright, Wright, Wright, Teaaaaa speaking. He was talking about football. Being a rugger type chap, I like odd shaped balls. Runs in the family apparently. Day 293 Friday 19th October 3.4 miles : miles to date 1927.6 Beer. Hangover. Last day at work before hols. Same run exactly as above, without the bloke, beer or Ian Wright, Wright, Wright, Teaaaaa. Otherwise the same. Job done type of run.

No comments:

Post a Comment