Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 26 October 2012



Day 299 Thursday 25th October 3 miles : miles to date 1958.8

I awoke this morning to the sound of a large river flowing past within forty feet of the bedroom window. I then tried to move my old man bones. It would appear that I'm not as fit as I like to think I am. Last nights attempt at trying to eat the publicans entire food/vino supply meant that our early morning run up a waterfall turned into a casual stroll. The rest of the day was then spent doing other things than running, including driving a segway through a wood for an hour with the kiddlepeeps (I fell off twice and they were much better), eating again and shopping for, err, more food. As a result, my three miles ended up being a tired, late, wet and cold affair on my own on what was in truth a fairly dull residential route (I needed the street lights as it was dark). 

I so wish we had run up to the top of the waterfall as we had planned, but hey ho, life gets in the way at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment