Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Friday 26 October 2012

DAYYYY 300. YESSSS..


Day 300 Friday 26th October 5.1 miles : miles to date 1963.9

DAY 300!! Yeahhhh. Gooo me, gooo me, gooo me. Opps, terribly sorry about that. No idea what came over me. Might be something to do with reaching 300 running days in a row on this streak? Even though I have been going all year, it just seems like yesterday that I started this rather odd and personal challenge. A mere 66 days to go and what will I do then? Voldemort Part ii of course, but that's for next year.

 Its been an odd sort of day. The vast swathes of food and vino I have consumed over the last week, meant that the run itself was a tired, lethargic and slow affair where I felt I had no energy and my legs were like tree trunks at what turned out to be an average 7.33 mile pace. Not good. On the other hand, my GP pa-in-law measured my blood pressure and heart rate with a proper machine. I was something good over something good for the former and have a resting heart rate of 42 bpm. It seems I am in the higher athlete range, which at 45 years old I'll take in a heart beat. Or 42. 

 Am I satisfied with my years running so far? Heck yes. I have taken part in some wonderful races, runs and events, run with lots of really nice peeps all year, been to some amazing running places, made some great pals, shared a lot of this with Fi (who also is firmly settled in the athlete range with 49 bpm)  and yes, decimated all my PB's. I can say hand on heart ( just checked, still 42 ) in running terms I don't want this year to end and the thought of just 66 more days just seems too short. 

 OK before I get tearful, I'm off for a rather large G&T with said P-in-L who is 79 today. Now that is a milestone worth celebrating. And we are about to. All night. Hic.

No comments:

Post a Comment