Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Saturday 6 October 2012

Pre race or rave checklist

Day 280 Saturday 6th October 3 miles miles : miles to date 1840.4 I wisely decided against the park run today and for once stayed in bed as Fi trotted off early to do a bit of volunteering for the race. I can never recall me being the one staying in bed on a Saturday and Fi going off to a race. It was dangerously addictive. I did show up at the end and with a brew and after everyone had finished did my own slow trot around the course. I've packed and made sure the essentials are in;- Vaseline caffeine boosters toilet roll peanut butter pins vest clean Y fronts map sunglasses headache tablets We are off to a rave after the face and I need that lot for the party. If we don't make it, I'll still need most of them for the post race curry night, so all angles covered there then. There are loads of us doing this race from my club and further afield. I hope each and everyone achieves exactly what they set out to do. For some it's their first marathon and the sheer achievement of finishing will hopefully stay with them for a very long time. If I finish, this will be my 50th marathon or ultra, so be very wary all you newbies. Once you are gripped, the lure of the marathon will be hard to resist. There are worst things to be obsessed with I guess. Anyway, my very best wishes to all running Chester and indeed any other race this weekend. We are all runners no matter what distance you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment