Dark O'Clock X-C

Dark O'Clock X-C
Early morning cross country run from Flitwick to Luton

Sunday 28 October 2012

Yayyyya Million Pounds run



Day 302 Sunday 28th October 8.5 miles : miles to date 1975.5

The Million Pound Paper delivery race
Fiona Owen - 1st woman
Paul Owen - 1st man

After months of planning and studious study of the course, the first official running of the Million Pound paper round race took place today. I first etched out the idea for the run back on the 23rd June, when I officially opened entries to this multi adventure adrenalin race. For those with a good memory, the entrance fee was a very reasonable £74.98 for which you got, er, nothing. I have spent the last few months shifting through the entries and as race day neared I wasn't sure if the race infrastructure was up to it. That was partly due to the fact that there wasn't any.
I had spent some money shifting in the a star for the new race, in the form of the current Mrs.Owen. The fee was a full Ruby Murray post race, but it was money well spent. Mainly because I shared the curry as well, but that was a lucky side effect of being married to the 1st woman finisher. And the only woman entrant for that matter. Mind you, I was the only bloke, so my original intention of putting the rewards into a Coutts account is looking flakey.
We are not quite sure whether to share my daughters £9 paper round fee in lieu of race winnings (apparently the organiser has done a bunk). The Million Pound run needs a bit of a re-think. The price tag isn't of course for the winner but the organiser. If he comes back

No comments:

Post a Comment